Friday, January 31, 2020

Reading All Night

Dear Readers,

It is going to be a long night of reading for me. Once I find a book I really like, I can’t put it down.  Unfortunately, I had to put aside The Redbreast.  There were too many subplots; I got lost.  Now I am reading Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng.

This is not a book that would normally attract my attention but it was recommended by my friend, Charmaine. When we were 12 or 13 years old, Charmaine and I were avid readers of Agatha Christie.    Now we recommend our favorite books to each other.

I am on page 273 and so far I can write, “Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive.” This is not a murder mystery. This is about dysfunctional family dynamics and the genre is young adult. The story starts off with a house on fire, little fires were set in various rooms, and everyone suspects the youngest and the most rebellious child in the family named Izzy.  Plus, Izzy is missing.  There are several subplots in this story and they all connected. Right now I am hoping this story will have a satisfying resolution.

What do you do when you find a very interesting book, do you read all night?

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...