Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Netflix Led Me to Jo Nesbo

Dear Readers,

I am a Toastmaster who likes to read. I am pausing from my reading to meet my Toastmasters challenge. My challenge is to create 8 compelling blog posts this month. “Compelling” suggests that my posts need to be interesting and engaging. This is my fourth post to date.

What am I reading? The Redbreast , a crime novel featuring a character called Harry Hole, by a Norwegian writer; Jo Nesbø. I had heard about this writer but can not recall ever reading any of his books.  Recently, I came across a TV series 🎥 🍿 on Netflix called Occupied and read that one of the creators was Jo Nesbø. I watched 3 seasons over a three day weekend. It was scary, full of political drama, and I could not stop watching. Scary because the Russians were insidiously occupying Norway and manipulating the Norwegian government. Scary because it seemed like life could possibly imitate art, the storyline seemed so realistic. In fact, in real life I read that the Kremlin is unhappy with how Russia is portrayed in this series.

The movie or TV series, led me to read an interview with Jo Nesbø. Nesbø mentioned in the interview that at the age of 15, he discovered that his Dad fought on the side of the Nazis in World War 11. The information gleaned from his Dad was used in the writing ✍️ of The Redbreast. And that is how a Netflix movie led me to my current reading interest.

What are you reading these days?

1 comment:

ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...