Sunday, October 02, 2011

Some Political Book Titles 2011

A tweet made me aware of this political book by Dick Morris, Condi vs. Hilary, published in 2005. The comments on amazon for this book are hilarious especially in light of what happened in real life.

After reading the amazon reviews I did a search on political books in 2011.  I found this link to the Washington Post that highlighted these books: Known and Unknown by Donald Rumsfeld, My Father at 100  by Ron Reagan, Inside Wikileaks by Daniel Domscheit-Berg, Our Last Best Chance. There are also other titles written by Scott Brown, Tim Pawlenty, and Mike Huckabee.


The Huffington Post has a list of 25 Overlooked Political Books of 2011.  On this list are titles such as
The End of the West:: The Once and Future Europe by David Marquand, Crossing Borders: Migration and Citzenship in the Twentieth-Centruy United States by Dorothea Schneider.

I found a link to an article dated April 1, 2011 in the New York Times.  That list includes Revolt again by Dick Morris with Eileen McGann, Endgame by John Mauldin and Jonathan Tepper,Then Everything Changed:Stunning Alternate Histories of American Politics: JFK, RFK, Carter, Ford, Reagan
by Jeff Greenfield and more.

After looking at reviews of Then Everything Changed, it appears that Dick Morris' book, Condi vs Hilary, falls in the category of historical speculation. I see what my next post is going to be. It'll be about speculative fiction.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...