Saturday, January 08, 2011

Books To Be Read

Someone asked me yesterday, as I was looking at some magazines, if I liked to read as a child. Yeah, of course. I have always loved reading. When I was 9 years old, there was a big competition among the girls at my school, St. Andrew Prep, to see who could read the most Nancy Drew books.

Having enjoyed reading Plain Jane recently, I am now reading the historical fiction, The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, but I have all these other books waiting to be read. I have to finish this story about Mary Boleyn, mistress of King Henry VIII, and start The Ape House by Sara Gruen for my book club meeting in two weeks time. I also have on my bedside table, to read later, the religious fiction, The Centurion's Wife ,and a non-fiction, The Monster of Florence, by thriller writer Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi.

I need two more eyes and one more brain to absorb all the books I'd love to read.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...