Friday, November 26, 2010

Anita Shreve's Testimony and Cedric Miller's Testimony

I am reading Testimony by Anita Shreve. What I have read so far is that there was sexual activity involving alcohol, one teenaged girl and three teen young men of a basketball team at a private school in Vermont. The story is now getting into the negative aftermath of the sex scandal and how it affected each one involved, their parents, and the principal of the school. There is some indication that the 14 year old girl was not a victim but the instigator of this orgy.

This story reminded me of the real life testimony of a New Jersey pastor. He came to public attention because he wanted the elders in his church to stop using Facebook. He spoke of the negative effect on some marriages in the church when members reconnected with "friends". I wondered why he thought Facebook was the problem. I wondered why he did not consider having some kind of seminar on Internet Safety in the church as Trinity Methodist Church, Gainesville, Florida decided to conduct for their congregation. Lo and behold, it turns out that 10 years ago, without the assistance of FB, he and his wife had their own sexual orgy with a male church worker and his wife. Read it for yourself.

I am going to continue reading today. Right now I am just excited about enjoying my five day Thanksgiving week end. Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...