Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Death as the Narrator

I am reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Death is the narrator. It is the book club selection for April. It starts off slowly. It is about a little girl who is the book thief and she is being cared for by foster parents. Setting is Nazi Germany during World War 11 and so I suppose that death is stalking the protagonists. I don't know yet. I am at page 216. It gets interesting for me when a family decides to hide a young Jewish man. There is a lot of foreshadowing in this novel to the point that it becomes a little annoying. It's supposed to be for young adults but the language is a bit rough for a preteen.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...