Saturday, October 01, 2011

From Social Media Skills into Career Track

I am reading The Digital Mom Handbook by Audrey McClelland of momgenerations.com and Colleen Padilla of classymommy.com.  This is an eye-opener.  I had no idea that there were so many opportunities to channel social media skills into a career track. I recall food blogger Julie Powell transitioning from blog to book and then the book was turned into a movie; The Julie/Julia Project.  This handbook made me aware that there were paid and unpaid career opportunities from social media:blogs, vlogs, tweeter, and Facebook. I am learning that companies pay for travel and hotel expenses for bloggers so the bloggers can see their products and write posts about them. Also, companies ask bloggers with large readerships to co-host parties and blog about the event.  The writers of this Handbook have been invited to write about products and got paid for their services. Compensation is in the range of $10 to $500 per post.  Some bloggers become brand ambassadors, advertisers, spokespersons.  This book shows you how to sell yourself, trademark your business name, create a limited liability company and more.

Well this is a book club blog but let me say a word to Naked Juice.  I love your juices and I especially love your Naked 100% Coconut water.  Take it from this blogger with Caribbean roots, your product tastes like the real thing.  Can I be your ambassador? Only thing is, it is more expensive than VitaCoco and that brand has Rihanna as one of its spokesperson.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...