Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer Reading: New York

I just finished reading New York by Edward Rutherford.  It took me several days.  The story started with the early Indian and Dutch New York ancestry and ended with post September 11th period and a message about Imagination and Freedom.  It covered several families but focused mainly on the The Masters of New York. I liked how the families linked up in future generations.  I would have liked the slave Hudson to have had a descendant going into the 21st century with the Masters and O'Donnell families.The American Revolution was the weakest part for me but generally I enjoyed reading about the wide range of historical highlights - the prejudices against the Jews, the Irish, the Italians, and the Draft Wars of the 19th century.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...