Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Book club Suggestions

Since we will be few in number next week Friday, I am thinking of hosting the book club at my house. Does everyone eat curry? I will be furloughed so I have time to cook and be ready for meeting at 5:15 p.m.

I received a suggestion for our April book discussion: The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood. After looking at amazon, it seems that we should first read Atwood's apocalyptic science fiction novel, Oryx and Crake. The two are stand alone books yet they seem to overlap like Shadow of the Wind, our book for July 2009, and Angel's Game, our book for this month. We'll decide when we meet.

I also got a suggestion for The Book Thief. Death is the narrator in that story and that sounds intriguing. Also, I am now reading and liking The Blue Afternoon by William Boyd so I will suggest it.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...