Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Is the writer a fraud?

That's the big question now about the writer of the bestselling book A Million Little Pieces, James Frey. The Smoking Gun website is making a big deal out of this, I guess because it is Oprah's Book Club selection. The Man Who Conned Oprah is the heading of their expose. READ EXCERPT of the book at Oprah's website. You have to be a member to read the complete interview Oprah conducted with Mr. Frey.

The book is available at Waycross College library. This is a book in demand through Interlibrary Loan. Check the catalog first to see if it is available.

Pledge with me

On a different note, I found an interesting website called www.pledgebank.com and I have started a pledge of my own. Read it at www.pledgebank.com/6000steps. I linked to this site after reading a blog called, So what Can I Do?

2 comments:

Karama said...

Hi Janice,

What a great pledge! I'm happy to sign on. I wear my pedometer every day and average just over 7000 steps/day. It's a great way to see your incidental exercise add up. And exercise is a key to good health.

Thanks for the link to So what can I do. I hope you and your readers enjoy the posts and visit often. I like what you are doing here. Perhaps my bookclub, Sisters of the Yam, will start a blog. Hmmm.

Best of luck on the pledge!

Janice said...

Hey Karama,

Thanks so much for joining me in the quest to walk at least 3 miles or average at least 6,000 steps/day.

Thanks also for exposing me to some really cool and meaningful websites.

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...