Sunday, June 28, 2015

Connections in "All the World We Cannot See"

I loved how Anthony Doerr took this history of the burning of Saint Malo during World War 11 and turned it into a precious story of hide and seek with the theme of connection. In All the World We Cannot See, a father and his blind daughter have a special connection in this story. Every birthday he gave her a gift hidden away in a box and she always met the challenge of opening the box and finding the gift.  A young boy being trained to be a Nazi  discovers his unique connection with this blind French girl. I was a little disappointed in the end but this is my I would give it 4.5 stars. So glad I read this book.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...