I am participating in this Blog Action Day to ensure that more and more people will know about the work of this particular organization with regard to the health of women and children. This is one international body not afraid to reach out to ELIMINATE Maternal/Neonatal Tetanus (MNT) in Third World countries; it's The Kiwanis Club working with UNICEF
Have you noticed how fearful some people are about the Power of WE? Why? Is it that some people are all about the "ME" and so they fear the awesome Power of "WE"? The irony is that WE have the power to do great things together and at the same time it takes only ONE to step forward. WE can end poverty, WE can stop stop criminality and end violence, WE can advocate for healthy children. Only ONE is needed to speak up and get things going.
6 Things to Do:
- Make a pledge to become an agent of Change in your community.
- Educate yourself about the issues.
- Read about Collaboration. This, after all, is a book blog: Power of WE: Succeeding Through Partnerships, Collaboration, Collaborate: The Art of We
- Keep current by reading the Kiwanis/Eliminate Blog
- Volunteer time, money, expertise for a worthy cause.
- *Speak up about children's health issues!