Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Are you a Blogger? JoinToastmasters

Toastmasters Club

Readers, I have three interests: reading, writing, and speaking. Found this very interesting article titled Five Reasons Why Bloggers Should Join Toastmasters. The purpose of the article is to persuade you to join this international public speaking club. Look at number 4, your communication skills learned at Toastmasters plus your expertise on a particular subject can put you on the Professional presenter track.

If you are in Waycross or its environs, the Okefenokee Toastmasters Club meets at Quality Inn every Wednesday at 7:00am.   August 20th there will be a Toastmasters Humorous Speech and a Speech Evaluation contest at First Christian Church Fellowship Hall at 10:00am, McDonald Street in Waycross.  Free to the public.

Book club Selection

I started my book club August selection: The Passage. Started off with a lot of action but already the pace has slowed down.  I will post my impressions as I read further on.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...