Friday, June 24, 2011

The Birds and Young Sherlock Holmes

Just started The Eye of the Crow.  Abundant use of bird symbolism in the few pages that I have read.  Crows are usually symbols of death and magic.  The teen aged Sherlock is quite fond of these carrion eating crows.  In this story they follow him around as he plays hooky from school.  In the first few pages of the story, Sherlock reads a newspaper article about a murder of an attractive young lady.  Sherlock spots a crow in the newspaper's photo of the deceased girl.  Sherlock's Dad just happens to have an interest in ornithology and works with doves, symbolic of peace.   I will see in the next few days how this story develops.

Personal note: I first started this blog some years ago for my book club so that I could be more proficient with the new social media.  More recently, I started a twitter account for the Okefenokee Toastmasters Club (#oketoast) for the same reason.  Today I came across this blog,  23 Things For Professional Development.   I have read about 23 Things before but this seems to be an updated version and I am going to try to participate as much as I can.  Already, I posted comments on two blogs to spread my online wings and in accordance with "Thing 2" - Establish an online presence.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...