Tuesday, May 11, 2010

StoryCorps: Record your life story

Yesterday I wrote about Les Brown's advice to Toastmasters to tell your story strategically. This morning I am reading a journal called American Libraries and on page 42 there is an article titled Everyday Existence by Dave Isay. He is writing about StoryCorps, an oral history project. You and a family member or friend can make a reservation to record your story. There is even a list of questions to guide the story, check it out here. At the end two broadcast quality CDs will be created; one for you and the other for the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.

I think StoryCorps is a really great idea. Link here to find out how to bring it to your community. Georgians, you can record in Atlanta at WABE studio.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...