Thursday, April 15, 2010

Year of the Flood

"Do we deserve this Love by which God maintains our Cosmos? Do we deserve it as a species? We have taken the World given to us and carelessly destroyed its fabric and its Creatures....... Why would God give us another Earth when we have mistreated this one so badly?" page 424. That is the essence of The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood. It is an environmental message.

I went into a dystopic world of animals like rakunks (rat combined with skunks), lions combined with lambs, smart sheep and pigs; a world of insects like bees and maggots for healing therapy; and a world of perfect man-made naked blue people with high sex drives. I enjoyed the journey to this weird world. I liked that I got three perspectives of the Dytopic world from Adam 1, Eve 6 also known as Toby and from Ren.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...