Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Authors, Books and Stuff

Here is something interesting that took place last week, April 22: Authors by day and Rockers by night. This must have been really fun.

Here is an interesting book-related link from Book Think.

On the recommendation of my friend Marcia, who lives in Atlanta, Georgia, I am now reading, The Help, by Kathryn Stockett who also lives in Atlanta, Georgia. It's described as Stockett's stunning debut. Setting is 1960s in Mississippi. Although I have not read very much yet, I already like the characters Aibileen and her friend Minny, both African American helpers in white households. It is promoted on amazon as, "Three ordinary women about to take one extraordinary step". I am eager to read about all three women and find out what extraordinary step they take.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...