Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What to read for the rest of 2009?

I read a book some time ago called Breadfruit, by Celestine Vaite. The setting was Tahiti and the story was about a woman named Matarena, mother of three, who was determined to marry the father of her children. The tales were unusual, funny, and very interesting - great insight into the culture of the French Polynesian island.

Apparently Breadfruit is a sequel to Frangipani, the book I am now reading. Frangipani is mainly about Matarena's relationship with her only daughter. Again, there are unusual stories about Matarena's family that are quite funny. You can read each book on its own; you don't have to read them in sequence.

I personally feel that Breadfruit has the better stories. The third book about Matarena and her family is called Tiare.

So, if I am to make a list of books that I'd like to read for the rest of the year, I will have to include Tiare, and also Devil's Banker by Christoper Reich, and Northern Thunder by Andy Harp.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...