Yikes! It's almost December. Before you can say ohmigosh, it'll be January 2009. So, what are you doing to save money in these hard financial times? I found this very interesing blog about frugal living and it has an entry showing how various persons have found 25 different ways to save money. Ok, it's not a book but I believe the site is worth a visit.
Let's see, this is what I've been doing:
1. I make my own popcorn most times.
2. I save and reuse plastic shopping bags.
3. I turn off lights when I leave a room.
4. I unplug some electrical appliances when not in use - toaster, blender, cell phone charger.
5. I have a few florescent bulbs.
6. I wash clothes in cold water.
7. I use the ac sparingly and turn on the fan instead.
8. I didn't water the lawn this summer; it rained often.
9. I borrow books from the library instead of spending money on books. Also, I read the newspapers and magazines in the library.
10. I prepare most of my meals instead of eating out and I take leftovers for lunch at work.
11. I keep only 2 credit cards and pay them in full most months
12. I have basic cable - no HBO, no Showtime.
13. I have requested free stuff from heyitsfree.net.
14. I buy some things in bulk - toilet paper, toothpaste, soaps, deodorant.
15. In this cold weather I sometimes use safflower oil instead of body lotion.
16. I use white vinegar in my Downy dispenser instead of fabric softener.
17. I bought an expensive water filter but I no longer buy bottled water every week.
Ok. I could not list 25 but I have been making an effort. Happy Thanksgiving to you!