Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mango Sunsets

I have put away Three Bags Full for a little while to read Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank. The cover of the book is very attractive. So far it's holding my interest. The story at this point is about a middle-aged woman facing some post-divorce problems: social misfit, ex-husband now has a trophy wife and additional children, estranged adult sons. In the mix is her mother living "green" in the Sullivans Islands, South Carolina and a new young tenant bringing excitement in the household. Her closest friends seem to be her faithful and sincere tenant Kevin and her chatty parrot Harry. I'll see how it develops.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...