Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What are you reading?

I am reading The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan. Before reading this book, I had no idea that there was a theory that Mary Magdalene and Jesus had three children: one daughter and two sons. I had no idea that there was a theory that John the Baptist was the true Messiah. This book was written before the Da Vinci Code and has similarities to the Code: hidden art messages, anagrams, secret societies. The writer herself claims to be a descendant of Mary Magdalene.

Here are two books I'd like to read before the end of the year:

Breadfruit by Tahitian writer Clestine Vaite. This is the second book in a trilogy by Vaite.

Fruit of the Lemon by Andrea Levy. The protagonist in this story goes back to the Jamaican roots of her parents and returns to England with a new perspective and understanding of her parents.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...