Thursday, April 09, 2009

Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction, also known as fanfic and sometimes written as fanfiction, is my new word for the day. One of the reviewers on amazon referred to the book, March by Geraldine Brooks, as falling into the genre of fanfic. Fan Fiction are new stories created as "offshoots " by fans of someone else's original fiction. March, for example, is an offshoot of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Fanfic writers are really targetting fans of the original work.

Frankly, I am not enjoying March. Mr. and Mrs. March are not likeable characters and the story has too many uninteresting details some of the details about the civil war are gruesome. The story introduces Grace, a biracial slave, in the first chapter and I liked that the story links back to Grace at the end. I appreciate the detailed research that went into writing this novel but it was not an enjoyable read for me.

No comments:

COVID Crochet Creativity 2020

I will remember 2020 not just as the pandemic year but also the year I searched the internet for free and easy crochet patterns, picked up m...